Starting the Roundup with news from around the MILPiverse:
Books! Attorney At Large has published a Kindle book of some of her best blog posts and new material as a guide to practicing law. Its terrific to have her practice series tips, such as dealing attorneys you will meet, all gathered in one place. Its probably most useful to newer attorneys, but its filled with humorous observations suitable for any lawyer, and insights that would serve as reminders to seasoned litigators. Follow the Kindle link to check it out.
New MILPs in waiting! (What else to call pregnant women in the legal profession?)
Those of you on Twitter can send positive energy to @blur_. She and I took the bar exam at the same time, so I've been following her since at least that far back. She's an attorney in Biglaw, pregnant and on bedrest. AAL and I were kicking around the idea of an occasional twitter roundup, but until that comes about, if you're on twitter, follow @blur_ cuz she's awesome like that.
DaisyJD has announced that she is expecting. I like this quote: "I’ve always blogged about my life, but I also blog a lot about my childhood, law school, food, and non-family related things. I have a feeling that there will be plenty of family stories and baby pictures, but I like to think I’m a pretty multidimensional person and that my blog will reflect that."
New to my Roundup: Grace and Pressure, attorney and mom to a daughter born January 2012 who underwent brain surgery this week. We wish Lis a speedy recovery.
And now for the Roundup. (Angelfish has croup so I am eschewing creativity in the interest of getting this done. I'll beat you yet, CM! *grin*)
- Jenny checks in for the first time in a while, and has checked out of her job.
- RG heads out to the bar exam.
- - R - knows how to throw a party.
- Izzie has interviews
- Shan has rollercoasters. Literally.
- Mommy Madness has hiking.
- Lag Liv sounds off on the working mommy wars.
- Alice dips her toe in that water as well.
- Associate Girl has some advice for her personal shopper and on manners (just ew).
- LC hems pants on the fly (see what I did there? no? *sigh*)
- Dinei has unreasonable judges.
- But I do have a law degree is pale like me!
- Cee had a date night.
- AAL had a helluva week that culminated in her having to cook the pantry.
- Bright Future, another MILP in waiting, checks in at 34 weeks.
Hope I didn't miss anyone in my haste. Also, I posted a picture of Lionfish. Get it while you can.
The regular hostesses of the MILP Roundup, currently, are: Butterflyfish, Ptlawmom, Attorney Work Product, Attorney at Large, Kate (Today & Tomorrow), Magic Cookie (CM), and Reluctant Grownup. We're awesome.